Suggestion to make any TP-Link Router the best!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-26 12:23:21
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

After testing numerous routers the past few years (Asus, Tp-Link, Netgear, D-Link, etc) I can confidently state that one feature would really catapult TP-Link to the top and would be a simple edition. Don't get me wrong, I love my TP-Link router and have no plans to use anything else at this moment. They are fast, reliable, and overall easy to maintain compared to other top brand names. However, the area where TP-Link could improve would be its QOS functionality. Bufferbloat is real and TP-Link does okay with handling it, but it could be better. Just implement an option to enable Cake qdisc, and bufferbloat goes away. Many will argue that with the higher bandwidth speeds, QOS is really not needed as much. I disagree. Although QOS doesn't make a huge difference on the download side because of the higher bandwidth, it is the upload side that really benefits from Cake. Leveling out the lag spikes on the upload side is immediately noticeable. Devices, especially the numerous IOT devices that are now present in many home networks, respond quicker and the overall response of your internet is faster.

If I have some how missed that Cake has been implemented in TP-Link routers and have somehow missed it, please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 0