Connect a WI-FI Range Extender to Access Point of a building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-28 00:33:27
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The model I bought to extend the range of my WI_FI in this apt only has access points in the hallways there is any way to connect

this AC750 WI_FI Range extender to these AP your help wiil be appreciated.

Thank

tpaccesspoint

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect a WI-FI Range Extender to Access Point of a building
2022-06-28 17:49:02

Hi @tpaccesspoint,

When setting up the Wi-Fi Range Extender from the WebUI there is functionality built into the extender to scan for wireless networks nearby. Otherwise, you can add the SSID and Password manually. All of this, however, is dependent on the security settings of the building's router. If the apartment or building has an ethernet port in the room, I would highly recommend attempting to connect to the network using either the range extender or a second router using the ethernet cables.

Options
2022-06-29 19:15:43
Thank you Riley_S i will let you as soon I try it. tpaccesspoint
Options
2022-07-12 17:51:39
Thank you after talking to the ISP techy I end up buying a USB WI-FI Adapter (USB-AC53 Nano) which is working better than the extender. Thank you for being patience
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3

Related Articles