Votes

Feature Request: ability to sort the client list by MAC, IP address, or Device name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Feature Request: ability to sort the client list by MAC, IP address, or Device name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-02 06:29:03 - last edited 2022-07-05 22:50:10
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.16299(5553)

Still learning all the capabilities of my new Archer A20. It replaces a Netgear router that was overwhelmed once the number connected devices reached 30, due to the addition of numerous Wifi-enabled switches and Google Nest Minis. It did have the ability I am requesting and I sorely miss it. I can't make any sense out of the order that clients are listed on the A20.

Quite some time ago, I had copied all the client MACs and device names into a Google spreadsheet - one by one, which of course, can be sorted any way I like. I am still using it to find the device name given its MAC address. It would, however, be considerably easier if that capability was built in.

I see that the ability to export the client list was requested a couple of years ago and has apparently not yet been implemented, so I won't hold my breath for this one. In the mean time if anyone has an explanation for how the list is ordered now, I would love to hear it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request: ability to sort the client list by MAC, IP address, or Device name
2022-07-05 23:06:52

@RetiredEngineer,

First off, I have to say, putting all your client MAC addresses into a spreadsheet is absolutely genius and would save me so many headaches in the future. I will definitely be starting this when I get home. 

The request to be able to export a list of all devices and their MAC addresses is something that has come to our attention as a feature that more and more users are requesting. Especially, as the number of devices in our networks gets larger and larger. I will make sure to bring your feedback to our team and emphasize how useful this feature can be for users.

Just to be clear you are looking for:

• A Method of Exporting Client Information
  • The Ability to Sort the Client List by MAC, IP address, or Device name in the UI

If there is anything else that you would like to add, just let me know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.