Unable to bring up web page to login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-02 19:23:45 - last edited 2022-09-23 17:50:42
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20201029 rel.43238

I have three Archer A7s in my home network -- all the same firmware and hardware.  One is my router connected via fiber to my ISP.  The other two are configured as access points and connected via Ethernet to the main router.  I have three computers connected to the network.  My main computer is connected via Ethernet to access point #2.  All other devices are connected via WiFi.

As of today, I can no longer bring up the web page on the main router so I cannot login.  This is being attempted from my main computer (connected via Ethernet to access point.)

I can bring up the web page on the two access point devices and can successfully login there.

All three devices have the same admin credentials (set when I installed them).

Previously, I was able to bring up the web page on the main router, successfully login, and configure the device; e.g., set DHCP reservations, etc.

I have tried a reset and a power cycle (off for 30 seconds).

The device powers up and connects to the internet without issue.  I just cannot do any administration.

My next step was going to be trying to connect a device directly to the router and see if that is successful.

Recommendations?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to bring up web page to login-Solution
2022-09-23 17:50:38 - last edited 2022-09-23 17:50:42

@whatta Just circling back on this. I connected to the device directly via ethernet cable and was still unable to login or otherwise access the device.  I then did a factory reset by holding the reset button down until the power LED started slow flash.  After it rebooted it came up fine and I was able to access and manage its settings.  I also updated it to the latest firmware release.

Sorry it took so long to show resolution on this and I appreciate the offers of things to consider.  Since the router continued to work (all devices could access network and internet fine), I kept putting this off.  Then, the WiFi radio turned off and I was unable to turn it back on.  So, I decided to press forward and figured that, worst case, I'd have to buy a new router.  But the factory reset did the trick.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Unable to bring up web page to login
2022-07-03 10:42:31 - last edited 2022-07-06 01:01:08

@whatta 

whatta wrote

My next step was going to be trying to connect a device directly to the router and see if that is successful.

Recommendations?

I doubt that will make any difference judging by your description, but try it for the sake of troubleshooting (connected via cable directly to the main router).

You might have configured router local administration from a specific device/devices IP address:

4a01cba7363147df89692689a8bc94b2

Go through this guide for more options regarding your issue.

If nothing helps, as a last resort, you can reset to factory defaults and re-configure the main router from scratch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-03 14:18:00

@terziyski  Before this event, I was able to login fine.  This may've been a year ago; certainly several months ago.  At that time, all I did was add some DHCP reservations for some new devices.  I never went into any other page so I don't see how that option for "Local Management" could have changed.

I guess the only option is trying to go back to factory defaults...

Options
2022-07-05 22:55:05

@whatta,

From what it sounds like, you are trying to access the router ui by typing in the IP address of the router. IF this was changed, you would need to know the new IP address to connect. The easiest way to connect to your router's setting is to navigate to   tplinkwifi.net  which will redirect you to your router's management interface without you having to know the exact IP address of the router.

Options
2022-07-06 02:24:25

@whatta I am having the exact same problem.  Tried wired, wireless, laptop, desktop.  Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Opera browsers.   When I try to login the HTML is broken.  I can log in from here, but the next screen looks even more jumbled.

;cf55d854839e44b6951f9135b6283447

Options
2022-07-07 20:00:52 - last edited 2022-07-07 20:06:06

@Riley_S Thanks, but the router IP has been the same since I installed it.  But I tried going to tplinkwifi.net (just to see).  When I check that DNS resolution on that address, it comes back with the IP of my router:  192.168.0.14e770cdbe09f4dbaa23682708642c3ea

Options
Re:Unable to bring up web page to login-Solution
2022-09-23 17:50:38 - last edited 2022-09-23 17:50:42

@whatta Just circling back on this. I connected to the device directly via ethernet cable and was still unable to login or otherwise access the device.  I then did a factory reset by holding the reset button down until the power LED started slow flash.  After it rebooted it came up fine and I was able to access and manage its settings.  I also updated it to the latest firmware release.

Sorry it took so long to show resolution on this and I appreciate the offers of things to consider.  Since the router continued to work (all devices could access network and internet fine), I kept putting this off.  Then, the WiFi radio turned off and I was unable to turn it back on.  So, I decided to press forward and figured that, worst case, I'd have to buy a new router.  But the factory reset did the trick.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 6