ethernet switch problem with ac4000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-05 13:18:12
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

this is the problem i have run into.  i am using charter spectrum with there modem. i have a tp link c4000 ac4000 us ver 3.6 with latest update. i have a lot of cat cables for different things, the 4 ports on the router work fine, a year a ago i added a d link dss 16 it worked for one year then some of the ports stopped sending data out, i then bought a d link 1024d, it worked for 3 months then some of the ports stopped working, i have bought a few other switches and none of them lets all ports work, what will work is i have two old junk switches that plugged into the router work, a netgear gs605v5 and a  brash network bn105 they let all ports work, this is leaving me to think there is something going on in the router settings to do this. all these are unmanaged switches. i have ordered a managed switch to see if that will work, any suggestions ? i though maybe doing a reset on the router, i do not think i have that many bad switches bought new going bad with everthing plugged into a surge protector. plus we have not had any lighting storms in months close to us. i am at my wits end figuring this one out. can someone give me a push into the right direction.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 0

Related Articles