Votes

Feature for exporting mac address list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-09 12:10:08 - last edited 2022-07-09 12:12:15
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Please implement a functionality in the webfrontend of all routers to export the mac adress list and the renamed devices. I manage 50+ devices via the mac adress list and device names and would like to export this list from time to time. There is a workaround with highlighting the devices but it only applies for active devices. All devices which are not currently connected due to energy saving or offline are not listed there. Maybe you can show another way via console to export this information.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Feature for exporting mac address list
2022-07-12 00:13:53

@kirkdis,

This is a feature request that we are beginning to see more often as people increase the number of devices on their network. I am passing the feedback to the rest of the team, as I can see how useful this feature could be. 

To keep myself sane with my network, I have started to put my device MAC addresses into an Excel Spreadsheet so that they can be easily found. While there is no option to export your existing devices right now; I would recommend keeping track of these in another file so that they are easily referenceable and searchable.

Thanks again for the Feedback and I will make sure that it gets passed on.

Options
2023-01-07 23:42:12

@kirkdis 
  my workaround/solution was to cut-and paste from the client list into google sheets, 
  and then use a formula "=SPLIT(D5,CHAR(10))" to split the information column.

the data should be able to be exported from google sheets easily,  (I just use sheets as my external storage/back-up).

gt

Options
RE:Feature for exporting mac address list
2023-02-08 22:11:12
Another vote for this. I just had to rebuild my network from scratch after a failed attempt to upgrade (E4s to X60s). Having to figure out what 40 devices are again from their (sometimes anonymised) MACs plus whatever arbitrary string they self-identify as is tedious to say the least. Bonus points if imprt and export, and it also contains the device type and family member.
Options
RE:Feature for exporting mac address list
2023-02-25 23:02:14
This feature would be very useful.
Options
2023-07-20 16:59:34 - last edited 2023-07-20 16:59:57

Has an export function been developed for the Deco?  Even if it is an external app that communicates with the main router.

Options
2023-07-20 17:17:04

@MagicPinball2,

Not yet - Any Features for this would most likely need to be developed for use inside the Deco ecosystem; otherwise, it would be needed to have 3rd Party Services access the information available in the Deco App and Cloud - or you would need to have a device on your network that is constantly monitoring and saving the properties of devices that are connecting and disconnecting from the network.

I am continuing to pass this feedback along to the team, however we have not heard any updates on this. For Now, the solution posted above using Excel/google sheets to break up the copy and paste is your best bet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1834

Replies: 6

Voters 4