VLAN setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN setup
VLAN setup
2022-07-18 16:28:01
Tags: #vlan
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220228 rel.60482(5553)

Hello All,

I am looking to explore VLAN configuration with my router.My goal is just to be able to configure seperate vlan for wifi,wired,IP cameras and IoT devices. is this possible using my router. i also have a TP link 16 port switch which also features vlan functionality but, was wondering whether its possible via my router instead of switch?

my router : Archer GX90 v1

comcast internet

I did not find much information on the user guide and IPTV is not applicable for my situation and did not find my of information googling this. look forward to get soem advice

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN setup
2022-07-18 19:39:21 - last edited 2022-07-18 19:39:45

Guest networks are essentially VLANS. If your goal is to segregate IoT devices, recommended, from the rest of your network, that is the way to go. The only caveat is you can only setup guest wifi networks. Be mindful of the settings to ensure you check the appropriate boxes to segregate traffic to fit your needs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1

Tags

vlan
Related Articles