Unable to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-19 22:54:14
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I used theTether phone app to setup and it successfully connected to the internet. However, I was only able to log into WIFI on the phone with which I set it up. When I tried to connect to the internet on my other home devices, they all failed. The message states "Unable to Join Network. This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other nearby networks".  

I restarted router and modem but no success. Could the reason be that I used the same password for the 2.4 and 5G? What is preventing me from acessing the WiFi?  Please help. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet
2022-07-20 00:18:03

@Reaching,

Changing the Wi-Fi channels in the router UI would be best if you are receiving the error that the channel is crowded because of nearby networks. The instructions for how to do so can be found here: Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router.

The error is happening because your neighbors' Wi-Fi is "crowding" the channel that your router is trying to use to send its signal. Think of an FM Radio Stream. When you are between two transmission stations sending data over the same channel(106.7, 97.1), You can often hear a mix of the two audio signals. Your Router doesn't want to sort through all the data going through the default channels, so it requests that you select a 'channel' with empty air so that the signal can be as clean and fast as possible.

Let me know if you have trouble selecting the channels for your router.

Options
Re:Unable to connect to internet
2022-07-21 15:00:49 - last edited 2022-07-21 15:01:26

@Reaching You should be able to setup the router to automatically assign channels so it will seek a channel that is not crowded.  If that does not help or if you want to see how the wifi channels are being used in your area, look for a WiFi analyzer app for Android devices or a similar app on PC such as inSSIDer.  Apple devices do not have such an app as Apple locks out access to device wifi needed by such apps.  With that info, you can manually choose a channel that is not crowded.

Options