Cannot access web management page via WiFi or ethernet or Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-21 19:39:17 - last edited 2022-07-23 22:23:35
Tags: #web management page
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have NEVER been able to connect via WiFi to my AX3000(US) Ver. 1.0 in almost 3 years of ownership. I have only been able to access via a wired ehternet connection.

However, I have a new computer that does not have a direct wired connection. I have to use an Ehternet to USB-C connector (TP_LINK Gigabit Ehternet USB Adapter) and now I cannot connect to the router management page at all..

The Tehter app recognizes the router, but I get a Login Failed due to the usual suspects message even though Parental controls are off; Guest netwok is off; Network has always been stable.Tether can access the RE 200 on the same network.

BTW, I am an above average home networking guy that has been setting up networks since the 1980s in home at small offices. I spend a lot of time researching FAQs before resorting to these forums.

I haec shared my frustration with not bebing able to connect with support in the pastwith no resolution so I gave up trying because I could always access with a wired connection, but now I cannot access it all.

PS I have full house o TP-LINK equipemtn including wifi switches and outlets that are all reliable.

Tom in San Diego.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot access web management page via WiFi or ethernet or Tether-Solution
2022-07-23 22:23:30 - last edited 2022-07-23 22:23:35

@Riley_S Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

On my router the key was finding the Local Management section of the System Tools | Administration page.

I had to add the MAC address of each wireless adapter that I connect with. In my case those are as follows:

Laptop: Docking station Ethernet adapter

WiFi adapter

TP-LINK USB C Ethernet adapter

iPhone: WiFi adapter

I could have chosen to grant access to all devices on my network,but with 26 smart home devices, I decided to limit it to those that I use to access the management page.

I wish tp-link had this information in plain English somewhere.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot access web management page via WiFi or ethernet or Tether
2022-07-21 21:28:31 - last edited 2022-07-21 21:28:59

Hi  @tomscot2,

It definitely seems strange that you would be able to access the interface via a hardwire connection, but not over wireless. Are there any settings that you may have changed that could have resulted in the management interface not being exposed to the network?

If you cannot access the login page at tplinkwifi.net then I am inclined to believe that there is an incorrect setting under

Advanced > System Tools > Administration

As tplinkwifi.net should automatically redirect you to the login page of the router on your network.

Probable Fix:

I think that the issue may be that a setting was changed in the Remote Management Section of the Settings Interface, The Remote Management Section includes settings for exposing the user interface to either the LAN, the internet, or neither. More information about how to change this setting can be found here: Set Up Remote Management on the Wi-Fi Routers

Unfortunately, you will have to find a way to directly access the router management interface through the ethernet ports to find this setting. Otherwise, it may be necessary to reset the router to factory defaults. I have also found some other forum's threads that talk about potentially changing your PC's IP address to temporarily gain access to the interface. I can't advocate for the security or for whether or not it works, but it may be worth reading to see if it could be applied to your situation.

Other FAQs that may be of help:

Why Do I Fail to Access tplinkwifi.net?

How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router?

Options
Re:Cannot access web management page via WiFi or ethernet or Tether-Solution
2022-07-23 22:23:30 - last edited 2022-07-23 22:23:35

@Riley_S Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

On my router the key was finding the Local Management section of the System Tools | Administration page.

I had to add the MAC address of each wireless adapter that I connect with. In my case those are as follows:

Laptop: Docking station Ethernet adapter

WiFi adapter

TP-LINK USB C Ethernet adapter

iPhone: WiFi adapter

I could have chosen to grant access to all devices on my network,but with 26 smart home devices, I decided to limit it to those that I use to access the management page.

I wish tp-link had this information in plain English somewhere.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 3

Tags

web management page