Speed test below ISP speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 09:59:14
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hi, I uses to have a 50/50mbps connection and my speed tests were fine. I had like 47/43Mbps.

However, I have changed my Internet plan and now have a 500/100Mbps connection but mt speed test are still around 47/43.

I have tried several tricks from the TP-LINK forum but to no avail.

I have tried setting the QoS to standard, removing all priorities on the devices, unchecking the Aggregate link on the LAN page but still stuck with the same speed test results.

Any help welcome!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Speed test below ISP speeds
2022-08-02 14:19:43

@HURIMOZ 

Did you upgrade your modem when you upgraded your service?  For example, a DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem has a downstream limit of 40 Mbit/s.  This would be a very old modem.  Also, is this for both wired and wireless connections?  Please provide modem model # or research it;s performance specs.  It may be the bottleneck.

Options
2022-08-03 22:04:06

Changing the direction of your router's antenna can make a difference to the WiFi and Internet speed!

Options
2022-08-09 10:50:12

@pcuttle Hi this is a test with the AX6000 speed test mobile app as well as the PC interface.

See version below:

Options
2022-08-09 10:52:39

@mackriss20 I do the test with ethernet cable J45 6a, not wifi.

Options
2022-08-09 11:52:46

@HURIMOZ 

Try updating your firmware.  Looks like you have an older version.  Also, if you want, there is a beta version available in a pinned message to this forum.  I have the same router as you and I have been running the beta just fine.

Also, did you get an upgraded modem when you changed your internet plan?  Like I said, if the modem is really old, it may not be able to take advantage of the better plan.  My ISP did that to me.  They sold me a faster plan but did not provide a new modem that supported those speeds.

Options
2022-08-09 13:00:53

@pcuttle I've been living away from my AX6000 and can only use the online firmware update. I tried to update the firmware by uploading the bin file but the system rejected it and told me I have to connect directly to the home network. I'm doing a port forwarding to dyndns as I have surveillance cameras at home.

I assume the modem provided by the ISP is new and their technician went to the house once to do some speed tests. They used their own router that they provided and got speeds close to the 500/100Mbps they advertise.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 6

Related Articles