Factory resets automatically?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-11 13:38:09 - last edited 2022-08-12 00:53:51
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.10.1 v004b.0

I have been using my old router (C3200) succesfully as a range extender for the last 100 days. Recently the C3200 started resetting to factory settings. This prevents the router from connecting to the internet. I have to manually go back into the router and reconfgure ( change address and disable DHCS primarily) the router to connect. Does anyone have any ideas on why this happens and how to prevent it. 

FYI, the router is located in my garage (clean but warm). It is connected via an ethernet cable to the main router/modem combination. 

Thanks Bill

Options
1 Reply
Re:Factory resets automatically?
2022-08-15 22:46:51

@Bhowe 

Heat could be an issue if the temp in your garage gets too hot.  If you get a small fan like the type you could clip to a shelf or a desk, and blow air directly accross your router's air vents to help diisipate heat, that may help.  Otherwise, it could just be a symptom of your router on the verge of total failure.  Otherwise, check to see if there is an updated firmware you can flash.  If so, once updated, factory reset one more time, set things up, and see how it goes.  I could not find any reference to the firmware version you provided, so it looks like there are updates available with the most recent being Archer C3200(US)_V1_170707.

Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 1

Related Articles