Led Controller INFO - Start to run WAN0_OFF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-12 05:33:03 - last edited 2022-08-12 16:28:51
Model: Touch P5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20161221 Rel. 53675

This worked for me on my home network so I thought I would pass it on.

I'm using my old TP-Link Touch P5 router in repeater mode as a WiFi extender.

The router I'm using is a TP-Link AC4000 Tri-band with the 5G-2 broadcast off.

These "Led Controller INFO [****] Start to run WAN0_OFF" log messages, turned out to be a repeater setting.

I read on the net that I should try to be a good neighbor and turn off any unused WiFi signals, so I did.

I didn't need the 2.4Ghz signal coming from my repeater as I planned to use only the 5Ghz for gaming.

When I shut off the repeaters 2.4Ghz signal, that's when my router started spitting out the WAN messages.

I turned the repeaters 2.4Ghz signal back on and the WAN messages stopped.

My conclusion is that if you are using a repeater, extender or whatever, you should repeat both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz signals regardless, as they seem to complete some type of broadcasting circuit.  Sounds crazy I know but it's working.

My router SSID and repeater SSID are different by the way as some older devices aren't designed to seek out the stronger signal of two identical SSID's.  Additionally, I turned off many of the routers network settings like ARP binding and some other lag inducing redundant security features.

Hope this helps someone.

Options