Streaming Services Stopped Connecting to WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 00:44:13 - last edited 2022-08-15 23:18:42
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563(5553)

Watching TV last night and suddenly all my streaming services stopped connecting to WiFi. My android devices connect and then it drops out immediately. Same setup on both TVs and neither will connect an IPTV service to WiFi. No changes to router settings have been made, no changes whatsoever in the network setup. ISP is clueless. They do connect via ethernet but I need to be able to connect wirelessly too. 

What likely happened?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Streaming Services Stopped Connecting to WiFi-Solution
2022-08-15 21:52:29 - last edited 2022-08-15 23:18:42

@Riley_S 

OK got the network secured again. While toggling off the wifi I noticed the Smart Connect box was not checked. That was it. Everything is connecting to wifi now. 

After all this I reconnected to the network via ethernet because my internet speed more than doubled! 

Many thanks for all your diligent assistance. 

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Streaming Services Stopped Connecting to WiFi
2022-08-14 16:26:03
I should also add that my various streaming devices also stopped connecting as well as the TVs themselves. They all connect vis ethernet but not WiFi.
Options
2022-08-14 21:11:08 - last edited 2022-08-14 21:11:35

@FutureMagic 

Do you KNOW if the SSID's are still broadcasting?

Did you look at the SYSTEM LOG on the ROUTER, might see something there?

Did you REBOOT the router?

Options
2022-08-14 21:18:01

@FutureMagic 

BTW, the AX3000 has a WPS/Wi-Fi button on the back. Could someone have turned the Wi-Fi off?

Options
2022-08-15 11:03:16

@IrvSp 

I've never activated the WPS button on this router. The WiFi is working fine, all of my other devices using it are working fine. It's only when streaming devices try to connect. They try to obtain an IP address and can't.

Options
2022-08-15 11:05:45

@IrvSp 

I've rebooted the router and my streaming devices multiple times. 

If it weren't broadcasting SSID my other devices wouldn't be working which they are.

I don't know how to check the router's log or what exactly I would be looking for. 

Options
2022-08-15 11:39:52

@FutureMagic 

The log is in the Advanced Settings under System.

Since the Wi-Fi is working, there probably wouldn't be anything of help in it though.

Wondering if it is the Wi-Fi Security setting? Try as a test set it to none and see if the Streaming devices connect. Still do not, reset it back. If they did NOT, try 'forgetting' the SSID on the Streaming devices?

Are ALL the Streaming devices the same? If they are, check to see if there are forums for them? Maybe either in those forums you'd find a reason or could ask.

Just knowing if they were all the same might help here too if it were known what they are? Wondering if an Update for those devices are needed?

Options
2022-08-15 18:06:23

@FutureMagic,

Can you take a look at the LED lights on your router, as these give us an initial indicator of where to look?

Otherwise, an easy setting change that may fix the connection issue could be to toggle the wifi connectivity in your router settings, that way any settings can be refreshed.

Lastly, do you know if it is only your 2.4 GHz devices that disconnect or your 5Ghz devices also?

Options
2022-08-15 21:33:54

@IrvSp 

I'm using different streaming devices, all android. Their forums (as well as others) all have referred me back to the router.

I tried turning off all security and connecting and that didn'tvwork either. Now that I need to turn the security back on it won't save and I have an unsecured network. 

The LED lights on my router are all on-4of them. 2 are for the wired ethernet ports, 1 for the WAN and the main one.

Not sure what you mean by toggling the wifi connectivity. Is that the box that says Enable Wireless Radio? I'm not using any 5G devices. 

Options
2022-08-15 21:35:41

@IrvSp 

I'm using Nvidia Shield tubes and Firestick 4k. I've tried two of each. None will obtain an IP address and connect.

Options
Re:Streaming Services Stopped Connecting to WiFi-Solution
2022-08-15 21:52:29 - last edited 2022-08-15 23:18:42

@Riley_S 

OK got the network secured again. While toggling off the wifi I noticed the Smart Connect box was not checked. That was it. Everything is connecting to wifi now. 

After all this I reconnected to the network via ethernet because my internet speed more than doubled! 

Many thanks for all your diligent assistance. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 11