AX50/AX3000 - Guest Wifi - No Internet unless access to Local Network is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50/AX3000 - Guest Wifi - No Internet unless access to Local Network is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 22:39:50 - last edited 2022-08-25 22:48:23
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485(5553)

Edit - I've figure it out.  It was an issue with the DNS settings.  Now time to see if it is possible for Guest WiFi can be setup with different DNS from what the DHCP has it setup as.

I've tried googling and searching on the community and I can't find anything about this.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the Guest WiFi feature.  But when I enable the Guest WiFi, there is zero internet access.  The only way to get internet access is to enable access to my local network.  I have made sure the firmware is on the latest version, I've restarted the router, but still no internet access unless I turn on local access.

However, it says right here that the Guest WiFi would allow WiFi access for guests and the guests would not have access to the local network.  I would assume that the guests would have access to the Internet, otherwise what would be the point of giving them WiFi access.

49caaee79cd14030b9568ab7a58b13cc

Is there something broken?  Or am I completely misunderstanding and that the Guest WiFi is completely useless unless you enable Local Access?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 0