Best practice for doorbell and cameras (or how you folks did it)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-27 13:11:14
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Howdy all,

I'm about to move into a new home and will be setting up the usual doorbell, thermostat and a couple of camera's (all wifi).  I did a search the forums for camera's then doorbell and saw were some folks were setting them up on the guest network but also thought I noticed that prohibited access while you were "away".  What is a safe recommendation for setup of these on your home wifi?

Along those same lines since most all those products seem to only work on 2.4g is WP3A-Personal + WPA2 what is recommended?

Thanks for any thoughts and if I've missed anything that would help let me know.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best practice for doorbell and cameras (or how you folks did it)
2022-09-01 03:35:17

@Runningp 

Most of smart home devices are 2.4ghz only and Deco, unluckily could not separate 2.4ghz from 5ghz if you don't use guest network.

So the best option would be a standard router if you are not a fan of mesh network. Archer AX11000 sounds nice and I see it has some discounts occasionally on their official websites.

Deco mesh works fine for me. I have Deco M9 plus and use 2.4ghz as the main, 5ghz as the guest since I don't need my 5ghz devices communicate to each other. Before I tried 2.4g+5g mixed network for a while, it seemed nice for my smart home devices.

Options