X55 Satelite and ethernet access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 22:18:08
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I replaced my Asus wifi router with the Deco X55 3 node system. Main unit hooked to the Frontier ethernet break out box. Works great excet moving through brick wall 20' to my shop. I hooked the Asus up to another Frontier breakout box in the bedroom where one of the X55's is located. Getting great singnal now in the shop, 200mbps+ but now I have 2 wifi networks again. Can I hook the Asus up to one of the ethernet ports on the X55 and rename the Asus the same as the Decos?

Options
1 Reply
Re:X55 Satelite and ethernet access point
2022-08-31 00:15:59

@ksauce,

What you're looking for is the Access Point Operation Mode on the Asus Router as this will simply forward the traffic over the network to the Deco's Network. The difference being that you will stay connected to the Access Point longer, as you will not transition between the AP and the Deco Nodes as fluidly compared to using another Deco in your garage with an Ethernet Backhaul.

My recommendation if you would like a complete network solution is to look into our other deco products, since they all work and connect into one mesh network, and choose one that can accommodate the load put on the network through the garage devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 1

Related Articles