Ax1800 dual band won’t connect via Ethernet to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-05 17:49:01

I live in an apartment that offers free wifi. I wanted to use it because it's pretty good, but wanted to use a router for a little more privacy. The Ethernet works but the router won't allow me to open the captive page to sign in, contacted support and was asked if I hooked my computer directly to the Ethernet in the apartment and when I said no they said ok and that was it. Can someone please help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ax1800 dual band won’t connect via Ethernet to wifi
2022-09-05 20:12:34

JaronM wrote

I live in an apartment that offers free wifi. I wanted to use it because it's pretty good, but wanted to use a router for a little more privacy. The Ethernet works but the router won't allow me to open the captive page to sign in, contacted support and was asked if I hooked my computer directly to the Ethernet in the apartment and when I said no they said ok and that was it. Can someone please help?

@JaronM 

I sort of confused? Wifi is free, but what does that have to do with 'ethernet'?

Do you have both feeds, Wifi and an Ethernet connection?

What 'support' did you call, TP-Link or your Complex?

If you get a 'travel router' it can connect to the WiFi, but signing in could be a problem?

I guess there could be ways to do that, that is enable the link and then feed that to a router or your own Wifi. For instance, using a PC with an Ethernet connection, use a browser to log in, and then use the PC as a Hotspot to feed a Travel Router maybe?

This would be easy IF there isn't a need to SIGN-IN which it seems you have to do.

Try Googling 'how to use a travel router in a hotel with a login page" as you might find an answer, there are many links but TP-Link doesn't allow non-TP-Link URL;s to be posted in these forums.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1