Will a Deco 25 Mesh work with a ER605 router (for two ISPs) or do I need to go AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Will a Deco 25 Mesh work with a ER605 router (for two ISPs) or do I need to go AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-07 03:26:27
Model: Deco X25  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey and good day.  Will a Deco x25 in mesh mode work with an ER605 router (for two ISPs/failover) or do I need to go AP mode for the Deco x25?  Thanks.  Ciao, Curt

Options
1 Reply
Re:Will a Deco 25 Mesh work with a ER605 router (for two ISPs) or do I need to go AP mode?
2022-09-07 16:57:05

@seebo,

I believe that you will have to use the Decos in AP mode, as this transfers the routing and IP configuration to the other router on the network. When the switch would happen to the other network, that router would not know how to communicate with the devices. Whenever you have more than one router on a network, it is recommended to turn one of them into an access point to eliminate potential network issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 1

Related Articles