Can't reach specific websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 18:08:38
Tags: #Issue
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hi! 
I have 2 deco e4 connected wirelesly as a mesh system. Everuthing was working fine but yesterday a problem appeared- I can't reach certain websites with a ERR_TIMED_OUT error which were previously working fine. It looks like an issue similar to https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/170920
For example, I can't reach (slightly edited the links, because otherwise it doesn't let me to post)
joyreactor . cc
coub . com
www . mogstation . com

taxer . ua

Login into final fantasy XIV

I have checked with my ISP and they haven't blocked anything. Also, these websites work from my neighbors' WiFi and they use the same ISP and they also work on mobile network.

So far I have tried: upgrading firmware, switching to AP mode, MAC cloning, rebooting and changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 but nothing helped. The only remedy is to use VPN (then I can access everything), but it is a bad solution as I am getting higher ping and lower speeds.

Would appreciate some help

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't reach specific websites
2022-09-08 23:08:54

@Atik16209,

As was mentioned in the thread that you posted, the MAC cloning feature may be able to fix the problem you are experiencing. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Options
2022-09-09 04:46:19

@Riley_S 

Thank you, but as I mentioned in my post I have already tried mac cloning and it did not help. 

After trying everything that I mentioned some of the websites started working,  but others are still inaccessible.

This error is very strange and I have never seen anything like this with other routers

Options
2022-09-09 16:50:16

@Atik16209,

Sorry missed that in your post,

Does the issues persist across all of your devices? Do wired connections have the same issues accessing these sites?

I would try to check maybe the firewall settings on your network to see if that may be the cause. Otherwise, do the network's logs say anything when you are not able to access these sites?

Options
2022-09-09 17:51:49

@Riley_S 
Thank you for your replies. Somehow the issue disappeared by itself today and everything reverted back to normal.
For the history (or if the issue appears again):
1)I haven't tried the wired connection
2)Issue persisted on all devices (2 different laptops and 2 different smartphones)
3)Haven't checked the firewall settings on PC (but I assume that it wasn't the problem as previously everything worked fine) and my phone doesn't have a firewall.
4)Network logs (in the browser) were essentialy empty- there were simply no response
5)Curios detail is that when I pinged those websites from windows cmd the pings were fine with 0 package losses.

Hopefully everyting keeps working, but If this issues reappears I will write another reply.

Have a nice day:)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 4

Tags

Issue
Related Articles