Can’t get any internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can’t get any internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can’t get any internet
Can’t get any internet
2022-09-09 19:22:33 - last edited 2022-09-13 11:40:18
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The drop down above is incorrect. The router I have is the Archer 5400X and not the one above.

Anyway, I can't for the life of me get this router online. I've replaced my ISP router with this Archer 5400X, but not sure what to insert here (screenshot) is it the previous router's username and password?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can’t get any internet
2022-09-09 20:59:38

@Polrugby,

I have a feeling that you may have chosen the wrong option when initially configuring the router. Most people will be using the Dynamic IP as this is the default configuration method and does not require these credentials. The other options require a login provided by an ISP or VPN provider. 

In the Web Interface for your router, there is an option under Advanced>Internet> Connection Type where you can change the options; the setting should also be available in the application and instructions on how to do so can be found here: How to use Tether to setup your TP-Link Router In Step 6.

Options
Re:Can’t get any internet
2022-09-09 21:22:53

@Riley_S Thanks for replying Riley.

I wasnn't too sure what to put in on that screen you mentioned, but was prompted to click Auto Detect, which then selected that PPPoE. I'll try the dynamic ip version and see how Inget on. Thanks for the help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 2

Related Articles