Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 18:48:36
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2
Hi everyone

Many years I used Tp-link tl-wdr3600 gigabit modem. Today I changed this model with Archer AX73 and I faced with serious problem.
When Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting is Auto Negotiation router does not connect to internet. When I change it to 1000mbps full duplex I got WAN port is turned off. Working only one choose 10mbps full duplex. But problem is the my internet connection speed is 35mbps. I can't use 10mbps speed in WAN port. Why I faced with this problem if everything fine with LT-WDR3600 router?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting problem
2022-09-12 19:18:56

@Electronic_Arts 

Couple of things to try.  First, did you use old cables when you upgraded your router?  Also, did you reboot the modem after you installed the new modem?  Sometimes you need to reboot the modem, and then your router, in that order, to get things working correctly.  When I upgrade my routers, I always use the Ethernet cable included with the new one for the connection to the modem.

Hope this helps.

Options
2022-09-12 19:36:08

@pcuttle First of all thanks for you reply

I restarted modem many times. I called to my internet provider and ask them to refresh MAC filter in their side. They says we see your modem try to get IP but can't.

All starting work when I changing Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting to 10mbps full duples. With all other settings router can not connect to internet.

Before upgrading router I changed internet cable from standart to CAT6. I'm usigm ASUS Z590 mother board with gigabit ethernet port.

Old router working with gigabit WAN but new one only 10mpbs

Options
2022-09-12 19:53:15

@Electronic_Arts How old is the modem?  Is it your equipment, or provided by ISP?  If it is ISP, I would try to replace it particularly if you have had it for serveral years.  Have you put your old router back in to see if it negotiates fine still?

Options
2022-09-12 20:02:43

@pcuttle I buy this router days ago Archer AX73 (AX5400) this is one is last routers from TP-LINK with WIFI6

Options
2022-09-12 20:04:45

@Electronic_Arts I mean the modem, the device your router connects to.  It should have been provided by your ISP unless you purchased your own.

Options
2022-09-12 20:08:30
I also think, modem is old one what use my internet provider. Tomorrow I will try to check my new router with another provider.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1246

Replies: 6

Related Articles