Deco M5 devices on network not able to ping each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 19:35:31 - last edited 2022-09-19 23:10:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.6 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

Hi, I have recently switched to Deco M5. It is configured in Router mode. I am finding my devices while each one is connected and has no issues with network, none of my devices are able to ping each other. I have Windows and Mac laptops.. I use a Windows server as a back up machine and cannot connect it. The devices are connected to same Deco and I have verified they are on the same subnet 255.255.255.0. I had a Linksys router before and never had this issue with mapping network drives. It cannot be the firewall on the devices I had no issues mapping network drive with previous router. Are there settings in Deco M5 that is blocking visibility of devices on same subnet ? Any suggestions on what to try. Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 devices on network not able to ping each other-Solution
2022-09-16 17:43:30 - last edited 2022-09-19 23:10:29

@peteii,

I would try and set the firewall down to low and see if the ping is received, just in case the Deco is catching the request locally. Most routers have a setting to allow client devices to discover and see each other. This kind of sounds like this setting is disabled on your router. 

Are you able to see the list of devices that are connected to the network from within the application, does the Windows server appear in the client list?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 devices on network not able to ping each other-Solution
2022-09-16 17:43:30 - last edited 2022-09-19 23:10:29

@peteii,

I would try and set the firewall down to low and see if the ping is received, just in case the Deco is catching the request locally. Most routers have a setting to allow client devices to discover and see each other. This kind of sounds like this setting is disabled on your router. 

Are you able to see the list of devices that are connected to the network from within the application, does the Windows server appear in the client list?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 devices on network not able to ping each other
2022-09-19 01:04:51

@Riley_S Thank you for the suggestion. You are right.. I found out Windows networking discovery was disabled on the server and other windows laptop. I recently installed windows updates which must have disabled. Its working now after I have enabled windows networking discovery. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1241

Replies: 2

Related Articles