Archer 3000 WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer 3000 WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer 3000 WiFi
Archer 3000 WiFi
2022-09-16 14:08:36
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just bought the Archer AX3000 and hoped to plug an ethernet into it from my current home network (from the provider router) and let it extend the current WiFi network and use the gig ports for my Watching devices.

However, the Tether app took me through the steps to create its own WiFi network, which I named and passworded the same as previous/current provider network.

So, will this cause issues?

Is there a better way to extend my WiFi in the house with this Archer AX3000?

I have two extenders from the provider that ethernet into the network and then extend wifi but they are weak and are almost limited to the room they are in and maybe a little into the surrounding rooms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer 3000 WiFi
2022-09-16 16:40:58

Hey @KPtexas

Thanks for stopping by! You have a few different options for upgrading/extending your network.

For extending the Wi-Fi Network created by your ISP Router:

Change the Settings of the Archer AX3000's Operation Mode to be Access Point, this will effectively extend the network that is already there.

If you would like the Archer AX3000 to operate as the main unit providing a network connection, you can change the operation mode of your ISP Router to Bridge Mode; which essentially makes the router into a modem. This would allow your home network to be managed by the TP-Link router.If you would like to use the extenders from your ISP. I would imagine that they would work the same when plugged into the ethernet ports on the Archer AX3000.

The way you have it set up now, you will likely be able to access some sites, but there will be issues with certain things as having two operational routers on the same network can result in issues like doubleNAT.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1

Related Articles