Connecting TP-Link Deco X60 Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 Mesh Wi-Fi system to Verizon FiOS
I'm interested in buying a TP-Link Deco X60 Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 Mesh Wi-Fi system from Costco and I have a Verizon FiOS router (somewhat old) model G1100. Don't know the Hardware version, didn't see it on the router. My question is on how to hookup the mesh network to FiOS. I saw an illustration showing, what I take to be a router, hooking into the Deco X60.
1. Do I leave the input cable currently in the Verizon router and from the router hook into the back of the Deco X60?
2. Since my Verizon router is old, should I use another method?
3. Will all the more modern security features still be available on the Deco X60? Someone told me my Verizon router doesn't have the latest security features.
4. Someone also told me I can hook the Deco X60 directly to the ONT, which is outside on the back of the garage. The cable runs from the ONT along the back of the house to an upstairs bedroom on the second floor on the other side of the house.
5. As you can tell, I'm not very technically oriented.