Deco AX1800 DX20 Cannot Change Channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 16:59:00
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 REL 63997

I have a Deco AX1800 DX20 mesh system with 3 Modules in a single family home.  My neighbor has a Deco M5.  I constantly get Wi Fi disconnected and find that his signal IN MY HOUSE is stronger than my signal.  I called TP Link Support who informed me that I CANNOT MANUALLY change my Channel which is ALWAYS in a high traffic number.  My Channel is 3(5) and my neighbor with the M5 is 4(6). My 3(5) is always a high traffic channel while my neighbor is always a low traffic.  My Wi Fi analyzer always shows that a couple of my neighbors have stronger signals than me..In doing a Deco analyzation.   I receive the following message:  WiFi Interference: HIGH.  CO-Channel Interference: 5;  Adjacent Channel interference: 2  Current WiFi Band: 50 Best channel: 48.  I asked if I could return my DX20 with TP Link and they said no.  I am also beyond my Amazon free 30 day return because TP Link support told me that they are working on getting manual channel change. However the latest support person HONESTLY told me that is not going to happen.    Now I am out $200.sad  My Netgear N 300 with a Netgear extender allowed me to change channels but I had one dead spot and my BLINK exterior cameras needed stronger WiFi signal and I thought this mesh system would solve the problems..  No such luck!  Any suggestions or resolutions would be appreciated.  Thank You. Martyparty.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco AX1800 DX20 Cannot Change Channel
2022-09-27 10:16:34

@martyparty 

Hey, sad news that they did not support the channel so you need to find other suggestions before they finally changed their mind.

My Channel is 3(5) and my neighbor with the M5 is 4(6), 5/6 means CO-Channel networks? It seems like your neighbor had a higher interference than yours.

What are your devices that dropped the connection a lot?

Turn off fast roaming/beamforming, and Mesh Technology seems very useful for smart home devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 1

Related Articles