AX1800 Starlink Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX1800 Starlink Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX1800 Starlink Setup
AX1800 Starlink Setup
2022-10-02 01:57:40
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Not sure

Hi all. Little confused on starlink gen2 setup and which setup best. Bypass starlink or setup ax1800 as access point. I read starlink setup page but it repeats and not totally sure on sequence. Rundown...

Had older Linksys ea7500, could not find any info so just went for it, oh n I have both wifi devices n lan computers that must be hooked in. Anyway, plugged Ethernet adapter into Linksys wan and it let me setup starlink home1 and a password. But after that I could no longer get into Linksys and windows did update that double nutted everything.

The wifi into starlink still works. As Linksys was old I went and got the wifi6 ac1800. I assume this will provide better faster coverage than starlink router, that is question lol.

I need to know do I just plug in ax to wan, the info page says to do that but then also talks about bypass mode and or using just as access point.

Nicely confused. Figured better ask before I start.

So is it better to use as access point and will lan computers still work and will the ax just extend the starlink or do I need to put into bypass mode. 

Do I put into bypass before I hook in the ax1800 or after etc. That sequence is little confusing on the posted setup page.

I sorry long winded. Just been waiting since Feb 21 and really need this to work.

I thank you all ahead of time.

P.s. does ax1800 have built in VPN or will it work with express VPN. I assume expressvpn will keep starlink from seeing my business lol. I love an old peer to peer program for all the irc live chat but there is lot of file sharing and some isp don't like that but have friends on there only way to live chat with all at same time. Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1800 Starlink Setup
2022-10-02 15:21:09

@dlbott  was hoping to have replies before started.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 1

Related Articles