Check Connection Strength Between Decos in Percentages?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-02 09:28:06
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I figured out a way to check the connection strength between Decos, which shows me 2 out of 3 bars at the moment.

Is there a way to view the connection strength in percentages? If not, then I am not sure how to try to improve the positioning of Decos without seeing clearly their connection strength. Can someone offer advice in this matter?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Check Connection Strength Between Decos in Percentages?
2022-10-09 11:13:00 - last edited 2022-10-09 11:13:18

@Thar 

Hi, so far it is not supported on Deco. I have a suggestion and it might not be ideal and but it is worth a try.

Satellite Deco somehow is also a wireless client and you could use your smartphone to find the proper spot.

1. install a WiFi analyzer APP first.

2. connect to the main Deco and monitor the wireless signal, such as -45dbm and the wireless link speed on the smartphone.

3. move around the house and find a spot that has an acceptable dbm and good link speed.

Normally Deco has more antennas than the smartphone, and if the smartphone could get a good speed here, satellite Deco should be better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 178

Replies: 1

Related Articles