Archer AX53 connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 19:23:11
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

I have just installed a TP link AX53 Wifi router and cannot get my Reolink Lumus Wifi cameras to connect to it.

They connect perfectly to a hotspot on my phone, so no issues with the cameras.

I have been in contact with Reolink many times and tried everything suggested by them, still to no avail.

Including ;- Changing the wifi channel to 1/9/13

Setting the frequency to 20, 40 and mixed Mhz

Checked for AP isolation, VPN, VLAN and the firewall - switched everything off.

Most of these things I checked directly from logging into the Router from the browser on my phone.

I hope someone has experience of this and can help, as I only have very basic tech understanding.

I would be really grateful if someone would be so kind to advise me please. 

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX53 connection issues
2022-10-07 20:28:03

@Birdman78,

There's a couple things that you can try. According to the Spec Sheet on the Reolink site, the Reolink Lumus operates on the 2.4Ghz Band. If you have smart connect enabled on your router, your device may be getting confused with the single SSID that appears for both bands. The easiest solution for this situation is to enable the guest network on your router, as this will provide a separate SSID that can contain only the 2.4Ghz Frequency.

The other thing that would be worth double-checking is that the Spec Sheet lists that the Security methods that are compatible with the camera are WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. I would double-check what encryption methods you are using for your network, and if it isn't one of these, try to change it. I have seen other smart devices have trouble connecting when the older WPA option is selected. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 1

Related Articles