Deco M9Plus Overload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9Plus Overload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9Plus Overload
Deco M9Plus Overload
2022-10-09 10:45:11 - last edited 2022-10-09 10:48:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

I have 3 Deco M9Plus units in our house. The primary unit is in the basement with the cable modem. The other 2 units are hard wired to the main unit.

Most of the devices on the network have been assigned a fixed IP address. For the non-mobile WiFi devices, I have turned off mesh technology.

Over the past year, we have added a lot of devices to the network, both wired and wireless. We are probably at about 70 devices now. We have been noticing some problems over the past few months.

• WiFi devices will drop the connection to the M9 and sometime have trouble reconnecting
  • WiFi devices will report "poor connection" even when they are within 10 feet of a M9
  • When streaming from the server to a TV (both wired), the stream will be interrupted and choppy
  • An M9 will go red and disconnect all devices

Has anyone else seen these problems Have we overloaded the device capacity of the M5 network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9Plus Overload
2022-10-09 10:55:33

I just found a thread that talk about the M9 problems being overloaded by DHCP requests. Is this my issue?

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/188864

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 197

Replies: 1

Related Articles