How to limit individual LAN port speed AX90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 18:30:28
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I go about limiting or throttling bandwidth speed on a single LAN port on my AX90? I have a roommate that decided he didn't want to pay his half of the internet bill and I don't want to completely cut off his computer, but rather heavily throttle his internet speed. The router is in my room and the room is locked when I am not here. I've looked all around and can't seem to find an answer. I'd appreciate any information anyone could provide. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to limit individual LAN port speed AX90
2022-10-09 20:20:10 - last edited 2022-10-09 20:24:09

@Authorian 

It is not possible to throtle a particular LAN port on the router.  You can create access restrictions and content filters using parental controls.  Locking his access to certain times and child level content may encourage him/her to pay their fair share.  It is setup based on MAC addresses so it can be bypassed if they know what they are doing unless you also setup access control and witlelist the known MAC addresses connecting to your network.  This is probably the best you will be able to do native to the router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Related Articles