Can’t get router to connect to arris sb8200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 13:37:53 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:26:09
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've tried everything on this website to get this router to work with my sb8200. It will not get an ip address from modem. All zeros. 
tried the power cycling. The removing coaxial cable. Mac cloning. Updated to latest firmware  Was with tech support and he gave up and told me to expect an email within 2 hours for a follow up with a senior tech. Nothing. 

Was able to get it working by plugging into modem itself with MacBook and copying the dynamic ip. But that only worked for a day since I'm guessing the dynamic ip expires. I have I Xfinity as my provider. 

has anyone had any luck setting this to an arris sb8200 modem. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can’t get router to connect to arris sb8200-Solution
2022-10-12 22:26:39 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:26:09

@Riley_S so for some reason Xfinity can not reset the MAC address of a modem without activating one on its place. I had to buy another modem jusr for that. Everything is working now. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can’t get router to connect to arris sb8200
2022-10-11 16:22:11

@Jdays

It sounds like you may have not set the connectivity type to DynamicIP when you were first setting up the router. There is an option in the network settings to change the type of connection; however, I would just recommend factory resetting the router and selecting the option when first starting the configuration process. Try resetting back to default and see if the issue persists. Also, try to confirm that you have the most up to date firmware for your router.

Options
2022-10-11 16:34:38 - last edited 2022-10-11 16:35:36

@Riley_S I have tried both and it just never gets an IP address. Tried auto select. Then reset and tried dynamic. Never gets communication with the modem. Other than weak signal while the modem is starting up then once the modem is up and running goes to no internet connection. Never able to connect to internet though. 
I do have the latest firmware. The tech guy I was life chatting confirm this. 

Options
2022-10-11 17:16:54

@Jdays

I would thenn place my money on the modems DHCP server not operating correctly. Try unplugging the modem and leaving it for 10 minutes before plugging it back in, this is often enough time to cause the modem to get new settings from your ISP, then try to connect the router and see if it gets an IP.

For some routers, under IPv4 there is a new option to get IP using UniCast, try looking for other settings that are similar or related to WAN IP addresses.

Options
Re:Can’t get router to connect to arris sb8200-Solution
2022-10-12 22:26:39 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:26:09

@Riley_S so for some reason Xfinity can not reset the MAC address of a modem without activating one on its place. I had to buy another modem jusr for that. Everything is working now. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3022

Replies: 4

Related Articles