Adding a air purifier with WiFi to as a secured connection on my Deco X60 (AX3000) mesh router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding a air purifier with WiFi to as a secured connection on my Deco X60 (AX3000) mesh router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-13 17:45:22 - last edited 2022-10-14 18:55:38
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently bought a Deco X60 and it seems to be working well.  My problem is with an air purifier (Winix) which has WiFi capabilities.  My problem is I can't get it to hookup thru the Winix iPhone app. The unit shows up in my phone's WiFi settingsthen as "Unsecured Connection" and then as "No Internet Connection".  I don't even get the opportunity to add a password. I tried the Winix customer support, but they have been no help.  I was wondering if I can't connect to the router because it's unsecured, and is so, how I can "secure" it?  I looked thru the Deco app, but can't find how to try this. Is there a way in the Deco app that I can secure this air purifier, or is this strictly a Winix problem?  Thanks for any help/advice.  Regards,  George 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adding a air purifier with WiFi to as a secured connection on my Deco X60 (AX3000) mesh router-Solution
2022-10-13 20:16:00 - last edited 2022-10-14 18:55:38

@skua123,

Usually smart devices, such as your Air Purifier will only broadcast a network when they need to be setup.

The No internet connection and insecure connection are results of trying to connect to a network whos router is basically the air purifier. 

I would imagine that there is a step in the Winix setup process that asks you to connect to the wi-fi or ssid of the air purifier -  at this point it will ask for network credentials to the main network. The air purifier should then stop broadcasting its network and connect to your Deco network.

One thing of note since you are using an iPhone, make sure that you do not have an active VPN connection, and more importantly, TURN OFF PRIVATE ADDRESSING in your phone settings for both the deco and air purifiers network, as this will very often prevent the connection from being made.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding a air purifier with WiFi to as a secured connection on my Deco X60 (AX3000) mesh router-Solution
2022-10-13 20:16:00 - last edited 2022-10-14 18:55:38

@skua123,

Usually smart devices, such as your Air Purifier will only broadcast a network when they need to be setup.

The No internet connection and insecure connection are results of trying to connect to a network whos router is basically the air purifier. 

I would imagine that there is a step in the Winix setup process that asks you to connect to the wi-fi or ssid of the air purifier -  at this point it will ask for network credentials to the main network. The air purifier should then stop broadcasting its network and connect to your Deco network.

One thing of note since you are using an iPhone, make sure that you do not have an active VPN connection, and more importantly, TURN OFF PRIVATE ADDRESSING in your phone settings for both the deco and air purifiers network, as this will very often prevent the connection from being made.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Adding a air purifier with WiFi to as a secured connection on my Deco X60 (AX3000) mesh router
2022-10-14 18:59:43
Riley - Thanks very much for the help. I am learning things I didn't have any idea about before. Learning's a good thing. Appreciate it. Regards, George
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 2