How to allow "Transmission" torrent app ports (by enabling UPNP)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 12:35:40 - last edited 2022-10-14 12:57:52
Tags: #upnp
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20220526 rel.63519(4555)

I'm trying to allow the "Transmission" app port (51413). I went with the UPNP method because i have a Playstation 4 and a smart tv, and prefer this to happen automatically. 

I turned on UPNP, since I do not want the port to be open when it's not running (as in the "forwarding" port opening method).  

After opening the app, I get this output while stating that the port is closed. 

e87b47a3964b4da7bd80b4bd33cea69f

aa08798856d348d492f4bb4ddfdf0fa3

I want to make sure I am doing this right. 

My current setup is that i have the ISP router set to bridge mode with all the built in security features turned off, with nothing connected to it exceot this TP-Link AX50 - considered my main router. 

Tnx. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to allow "Transmission" torrent app ports (by enabling UPNP)
2022-10-14 23:26:49

@the_potato,

From what im looking at here, I would think that the port is correctly forwarded and should be working correctly. Is there a possibility that the firewall on your mac is preventing the connection? The docs for the transmission app also allow you to select a port that is different from the default. You could try to change the port to another to see if it that is the issue for some reason. Also, in the configuration of the port forward, there is an option to enable each specific port, make sure that this is enabled.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:How to allow "Transmission" torrent app ports (by enabling UPNP)
2022-10-15 09:40:02

@Riley_S I have no firewall other than the default mac firewall which is set to allow. 

I tried disabling the firewall and got that same result. 

I tried random ports as in the settings, they all show up as closed ports. 

Also, in the configuration of the port forward, there is an option to enable each specific port, make sure that this is enabled

not sure to which settings you are referring to. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1275

Replies: 2

Tags

upnp
Related Articles