I have 3 m9 in the current network, adding 4th is slowing the wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 16:36:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I had 3 Deco M9 plus on the current network, I had new 4th one and added to the same network, After adding the 4th one wifi became slow (significantly), and when i remove the network speed doubled. The 1,2,3 and 4 deco m9 plus are placed at rougle 6feet away and 4th deco m9 plus is less than 1 feet away to the laptop that i am testing. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:I have 3 m9 in the current network, adding 4th is slowing the wifi
2022-10-14 16:55:58

@karikala,

Are you testing all of these devices in the same room? If so there may be too much interference for the deco to correctly optimize and select its channels. It is always recommended to set up the units in their end location if possible.

Otherwise, how is your network configured? Are you using a wired or wireless backhaul?

Try testing the speed on the various Deco Units with an ethernet connection, rather than wifi. This way you can see if the router is receiving the full signal, or if there is an incompatibility somewhere else.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 1