TP-Link Deco AX3000 WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X55)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 02:44:35

Purchased 3 days ago. Install went well. However, none of my smart switches (tp-link, KASA) recognize this new router and nothing in that category is functioning. ALEXA devices continually 'fall off' and say they cannot connect. I presume ALEXA will resolve itself in time but   NONE of my (14) light switches, fan switches are able to find 2.4 evidently. I used to have a 2nd login for 2.4 on my NETGEAR router. I see no ability to do that here. So, although my TV's and my computers and phone are all happy, I am not able to yell at things to turn on the porch, turn on the fan, turn on the lights, etc. because none of these KASA switches likes the new router. Additionally my WYZE cameras do not. Nor does my WEMO and I dread the Spring when I need my

b-hive to start watering again.

What is the magic solution? It's been 2 days and I'm frustrated with this new system.  I've checked each system for software updates, I've gone through re-install on switches until I could scream, nothing responds.

TIA

Alexa

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco AX3000 WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X55)
2022-10-19 17:01:12

@damc,

If you are having that widespread of an issue for the smart devices on your network, I would definitely first look at the settings for the router.

Try to disable the Fast Roaming Option - As this is the tech that allows the router to push your devices to another network band.

Try to change the security encryption method on your router, I have seem some users report that their smart plugs do not like to connect when certain options are enabled such as WPA.

If you set up the guest network on your Deco, the guest network will only use the 2.4 Ghz band, just make sure to enable the option to allow devices to see each other on the main network.

Options
2022-10-19 18:38:13

@Riley_S 

I appreciate the feedback and I'm certain people are sick of this type of question, assuming newbies are just stupid but now I'm showing 'no internet' when I try to connect. I've now tried to reconnect to 3 of the switches and none of them will play with the router. (these are 210s btw). I went into DECO, told it to just use 2.4 in hopes it would connect. 'no internet' yet my Tivo, my Sony, my Blurays, Amazon TV and 2 laptops are connected to 'no internet' just fine. 

Are any of the tech people from DECO on this forum to assist?  I installed KASA switches 7 years ago and although they were a pain to get connected, they have been fine since then. Now, a new mesh system (one of them is right next to the switch I'm trying to connect) and the switches won't move out of 'setup mode' flashing green/orange. The internet wifi seems strong on my IPhone but the switch (KASA) keeps saying no internet. I'm using the KASA TP network to connect. 

So far, I've reset to factory, after turning 'off' under the switch (RHS) and still nothing. 

I want to keep this system but I really need all of these switches to operate again.

help?

Options
2022-10-19 22:22:17

@damc,

At what point in the Kasa app does the setup process fail? Are you able to connect to the switch's wifi?

The wifi network that you are connecting to that is created by the switch is a local-only network and will not provide a connection to the internet, you are simply connecting to it for the initial configuration process, where the device will prompt you to input the network credentials for your main network. Then the plug will turn off the wi-fi network it created and connect to your home's network.

Otherwise, here are some things that may help:

If your other devices are connected to the internet, and the switches are having the problem, you could try to change the DNS settings on the router to a generic DNS server such as Google 8.8.8.8 

On your phone, make sure that you have private addressing disabled for the switch's wifi networks, as this may prevent the switch from reconnecting to your phone. 

Ensure that you have no AdBlock or VPN enabled on your phone.

At the bottom of the initial screen in the settings for your iPhone, there should be a section for Kasa, ensure that you have the local control permission enabled.

Lastly, I have seen other users have mild success with changing the encryption settings that are on their wi-fi router to avoid WPA.

Options
2022-10-20 02:20:34

@Riley_S 

Hi there again Riley!

OK. I reset with the bottom left button under the switch to get green/orange. It asks me to change my network to TP link. I've done it that way and I've left it as is and I've also reset my mesh to only 2.4. Everything always says no internet or no connection and will not proceed further. Everyone is still blinking green/orange now. I don't know of another way to try it and now my IPhone settings have about 4 different versions of Tp-link available so I'm guessing I need to clear all of them out although I tried each of them when the switch said 'no connection' or 'no internet' or 'no wifi signal' and even when I had the mesh showing only 2.4 and the signal was STRONG and I was next to one of the hubs, it would never show a signal so that I could continue. I'm so frustrated with all these items not working now yet I am daily getting more things operating if they are NOT Kasa TP-link. Unfortunately, I have these switches controlling things everywhere (or used to).

thx again. Sorry you are caught up in this but I appreciate your offers of ideas.

Kasa app in Iphone has everything asked as far as controls. 

Tried moving WPA, saw that in another thread. then nothing would work so I had to switch it back.

Private addressing disabled, no ad block no vpn

the 'switch' will not connect to my wifi OR my wifi will not connect to the switch.

Alexa

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1068

Replies: 4

Related Articles