Setup problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup problems
Setup problems
2022-10-20 20:42:38
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have been trying to set up my Wi Fi router to have my own Wi Fi and still have my PC hardwired to the internet. I have run through all the steps in the instructions. I have the ethernet cable from my cable modem to the router input and an ether net cable to my PC from one of the LAN ports. I have all the lights on the router lit green (except the USB lite) on the router. But I do not have an internet conection on my PC. I have tried several times to get the internet on my PC. I have gone into my internet settings and only get a NO INTERNET indicator. I see the router in the list of internet connections but it says NO INTERNET. Any help or direction will be appreciated.

File:
wifi4.JPGDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setup problems
2022-10-20 21:02:53

@Chuck1701,

Did you go through the setup process with either the tether app or through the web interface, you should be able to fix the connection by setting the preferences for the connection. The initial setup process will ask what type of network connection you receive from your modem. This will also let you select the operating mode of the router.

Instructions on How To do so can be found here: How to use the Tether app to Set Up your Router

Options
Re:Setup problems
2022-10-22 00:07:34

@Chuck1701 

I am not trying to link to a smart phone. I wanted a WiFi link in my house. But I also wanted to have the internet hardwired to my computer. I can see the WiFi link on my computer. It says that there is no internet connection. If I hook up the ethernet cable, from my cable modem, directly to my computer it works fine. I hooked up the ethernet cable from my cable modem to the WAN/LAN connection on the AX3000 Pro and hooked up an ethernet cable fron the LAN port on the AX3000 Pro to my computer. All the lights on the front of the AX3000 Pro are lite up green (except for the USB port) so the router is getting an internet connection but not my computer. I am just trying to get the internet to hook to my computer and have a wifi hub in my house. I have tried several times to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

File:
wifi4.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 2

Related Articles