Lan/ ethernet issues AXE16000 Archer axe300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-22 13:21:03 - last edited 2022-12-14 23:25:45
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just received this, set it up last night most went well, wireless was fine, but my synology nas's ould not be found, and dtv could not connect to internet via lan cable, tried different lan ports but nothing changed my windows network completely disappeared..

reinstalled my nighthawk and everything is back to normal

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Lan/ ethernet issues AXE16000 Archer axe300-Solution
2022-12-14 22:43:19 - last edited 2022-12-14 23:25:45

@Riley_S 

This is how I fixed this issue..

My synology had an ip 192.168.1.10
My New TP-Link gave out addresses in the 192.168.1 range so I found the fix

In you browser type in to the address bar:   Find.synology.com
it will search your network for any synology devices it will tell you the current ip address of the device.

There is a connect button press that login and change in you nas in network settings to a ip address on your network or change it to dhcp no static ip apply then reboot Nas..

after reboot you can do find.synology.com and see what ip address it has now :)
this worked perfectly for me...

Any issue let me know or at least if you got it working now like hearing goood news !!

Bryan

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Lan/ ethernet issues AXE16000 Archer axe300
2022-10-24 02:26:48

@Madger 

Is the Synology NAS using a static IP address? Is there a possibility that it is not in the AXE300's IP range? I believe the AXE300 is in 192.168.0.x range, you'd better check if the NAS is using an IP address like 192.168.0.102. If the NAS can connect to the nighthawk but not the tp-link, the only reason I can think of is the IP address doesn't match.

You can also connect a computer to the AXE300 LAN port and choose "Obtain an IP address automatically" to determine if the computer can connect to the internet fine.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-10-24 10:47:48

@Madger 

I under stand what you are saying, but my synology app was unable to see them when doing a search, and ip address does not matter with the app.

Also my direct tv box would not connect to internet, its ethernet/lan based. 

Would true cat8 cables matter?

Options
2022-10-25 00:23:25

@Madger,

You would be fine with running Cat5E cables for almost any residential situation nowadays. Unfortunately, I don't know what the app set up for Synology looks like, so I am just fielding some guesses here:

You may be able to connect to the wireless network by manually setting the SSID and password as if it was a hidden network.

The Synology NAS has a well-thought-out operating system, you may have better luck when it comes to network configuration by using that instead.

For DirecTV, did you try exchanging the cables to make sure that the cable wasn't the problem? Ethernet should be relatively plug-and-play friendly.

There may also be specific rules for DirecTV as its subnet or IP address would have changed, and they may use this for content localization. What is the error that you get when you are trying to connect it?

Options
Re:Lan/ ethernet issues AXE16000 Archer axe300-Solution
2022-12-14 22:43:19 - last edited 2022-12-14 23:25:45

@Riley_S 

This is how I fixed this issue..

My synology had an ip 192.168.1.10
My New TP-Link gave out addresses in the 192.168.1 range so I found the fix

In you browser type in to the address bar:   Find.synology.com
it will search your network for any synology devices it will tell you the current ip address of the device.

There is a connect button press that login and change in you nas in network settings to a ip address on your network or change it to dhcp no static ip apply then reboot Nas..

after reboot you can do find.synology.com and see what ip address it has now :)
this worked perfectly for me...

Any issue let me know or at least if you got it working now like hearing goood news !!

Bryan

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 4

Related Articles