Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speeds
Slow speeds
2022-10-24 20:57:45
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Having speed issues, I have 1gig speed from Spectrum, when plugged directly into the modem I get 875 to 950mbs. When the router is plugged into the modem and I do the built in speed test I get 542mbs. I loose over 300mbs. I used the cable that cam with the router and even changed it to a Cat5 with the same exact results. 
When I do a speed test via WiFi, I get anywhere from 200 to 500mbs. 
Any thoughts onwhy I am losing some much mbs from the modem to the router? 
Any fix suggestions? 

thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow speeds
2022-10-25 09:53:53

@Cjdrags 

The result tested by the built-in speedtest server may not be precise, I thought I saw somewhere mentioned by TP-Link earlier. You can visit speedtest.net to test the speed when connecting to the Spectrum modem or the AX11000, that speedtest result should be the real one that you can get.

Be sure you set the QoS settings correctly if you have ever modified the settings. Follow this guide to review it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Slow speeds
2022-10-25 23:46:25

@Cjdrags 

If your PC used Ethernet to the Modem and got top speed, and then you plugged your modem into the router and TOOK the PC cable and put it into the Router, then there is a 'possibility' you modem to router cable might not be Cat 5e or better or damaged. Even the WAN port could be damaged?

This assume you DO NOT have QoS enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 2

Related Articles