Sony tv notConnecting to New mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-30 23:16:52

I've just replaced my M9 mesh network with an x60 network.

the network is live and has fixed the slow

spots throughout the house BUT.....

my Sony TV lists the network as an 'available network' but can't connect to it. 
the tv plays Netflix and Prime no problem but can't play the BBC player or ITV hub.

can anyone suggest next steps?I have an x60 node plugged next to the TV and have an Ethernet cable into the tv.

thanks for the help

Options
5 Reply
Re:Sony tv notConnecting to New mesh network
2022-10-31 18:36:34

@Old-timer,

If you have an ethernet cable plugged into the TV, there is no need to connect to Deco's wireless network. The Sony TV should detect the presence of an ethernet cable and automatically configure itself to work on the connection. If you are able to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime, that means that your TV is connected to the Internet and that there would have to be another reason that you cant view BBC or ITV.  As these are non-US services, is there a chance they are region locked?

Options
2022-10-31 19:00:27

@Riley_S 

thanks for the response. 

forgive my ignorance - I'd like to look into that. How would I check that out and what could I do about it?

Im pretty much IT illiterate spmifnyoy have any suggestions please let me know in plain language and  assume that I know nothing!

BTW - my tv says it can't connect to my phone hotspot either even though it lists it as an available network. Also at TPs advice I set up a guest network without any security. The TV listed it as an available network but again said it couldn't connect. All of this points to the TVbeing the problem?

Options
2022-11-01 00:12:20

@Old-timer,

If you have the Ethernet cable attached to the TV while you are trying to connect the TV to a Wi-Fi network, it may be providing that as a generic error, as the TV is already being supplied with a hardwired connection to the internet.

When you are in the network settings for your TV, does it list the Ethernet as being connected? If it is connected, there may be a speed and connection quality listed.

Otherwise, you may be watching Prime Video or Netflix on a Streaming Device Connected to the TV.

I know that in the case of ITV Hub, you are required to have an IP address originating from Britain. This may very well be the case with BBC Player. If I am correct, in the US we have a separate BBC application for paid subs and then BBC America. You will have to look into VPN options to see if a VPN would work for your situation.

Options
2022-11-01 09:02:17

@Riley_S thank you for you time, advice and patience. Much appreciated.

dave

Options
2023-01-25 07:52:28

I'm hvaing the same issue with a Sony Bravia X90K - it has trouble connecting to a Deco M4 1.10 and M5 1.6.1 network.

In fact, it seems certain network cards aren't very compatible with the Deco...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 5