Cant block websites on AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-01 19:16:02
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hi

is it true you cant block websites on this router? A feature I had on all my previous and MUCH cheaper routers.

I couldnt find any way to add website in the UI so i gave up and paid for the home shield pro monthly fee hoping it would unlock this. 

But even then it doesnt work, user can access the website just fine.GREAT!

I had to create family profiles, add devices to that family member, add website to block but the user can still access the website. 
I added it in the format

www.

sitename.

com

I cant even use my PC to get to the access control!! Instead forced to use a slow app....ridiculous.

So much time wasted trying to get a basic function to work.....

it must take huge balls to lock basic router functions behind a pay wall and not even guarantee they work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant block websites on AX73
2022-11-01 23:06:37

@Nomopi,

I believe that this level of parental controls, using either manual listing or Aviras managed lists to blacklist sites for devices, is included in the Free Version of the HomeShield service. From every FAQ and Article we have, I have not seen a single example that includes the 'www' in the address. This may be preventing it from working, as the www is not technically a part of the domain. Try removing the www and see if the blacklist works then.

I believe that keywords can also be used as a filter, so if removing the www doesn't help, try just the name of the site.

How to Setup Parental Controls using the TP-Link Tether App

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 1

Related Articles