TP-Link AX3000 Connect to Viasat Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 13:55:04
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I bought a TP-Link Wifi 6 AX3000 to connect to my ViaSat Modem/Router.  The Viasat modem/router is in my garage and I ran 300' direct bury CAT6 cable to my house and connected to my TP-Link router.  Both the wifi and internet lights on the router are green but when I connect to the router with my iPhone it says "no internet connection".  The Viasat modem/router in the garage works fine.  I can connect to the 2.5 Ghz signal from the house and the 5 Ghz signal in the garage.  I then took the TP-Link router to the garage and connected it with the CAT5 cable that came with the TP-Link (to eliminate the cable being the issue) and have the same issue.  Viasat is telling me that it should be "plug and play" with their modem/router.  I've unplugged both and went through the rebooting sequence several times.  Any ideas out there?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX3000 Connect to Viasat Modem
2022-11-08 18:59:51

@J-Dogg,

After you connect to the router's wireless signal, have you gone into the web interface for the router at tplinkwifi.net to complete the setup? 

Also, have you changed your ViaSat Router/Modem combo to operate without the wireless functionality? meaning, have you placed the ViaSat Modem to Bridge or Passthrough Mode? Otherwise, you will need to connect the AX3000 and configure the device as an access point from the UI.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 904

Replies: 1

Related Articles