Deco x20 Wifi 6 - Random Speed drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 19:27:17
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel. 63997

ISP:  Spectrum 300 Mbps (typically I am getting 600 Mbps measured with fast.com)

Modem:  Spectrum Hitron E31N2V1

Router: (3) Deco X20 AX1800 - Firmware is up to date.

2 Win 10 PC's connected to Deco X20 via ethernet cable.

1 iMac connected to Deco X20 via ethernet cable but this one is usually off.

For 2 months I was consistently getting 300 - 600 Mbps on each computer.

For the last 3 days I have had 3 random speed drops to below 100 Mbps.

Rebooting the primary Deco X20 brings speeds back up to 300-600 Mbps.

Today I just rebooted the Spectrum Modem and speeds returned to 300-600 Mbps, but I  think rebooting the modem caused the Deco X20 to reboot also?  Not sure?

Since each computer is connected via ethernet this is not a wifi issue, although when there is a speed loss on ethernet there is also a corresponding speed loss on wifi.

This is getting annoying, something changed over the last few days.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x20 Wifi 6 - Random Speed drops
2022-11-09 19:05:08

@Jamval,

The fact that both the wireless and wired signal rates drop leads me to believe that it may be an issue with the modem from your ISP.  If you can access the interface for the modem, you may be able to see if there are any notifications in the logs that would indicate an issue with your WAN connection.

When the slowdown occurs, does the speed restore to normal values after a period of time, or is it required that you reboot one of the devices on the network?

How often does this happen, and does it occur at a consistent time or a regular basis each day?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 252

Replies: 1

Related Articles