Homeshield not recognizing daylight savings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 08:12:49 - last edited 2022-11-09 08:14:06
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220804 Rel. 44443

I live in the USA. Daylight savings ended a few days ago. The routers system time is correct but HomeShield bedtime for parental controls did not move back 1 hour like the system time. It still says 12 am but it turns off at 11pm as if the bedtime clock did not move backwards 1 hour like the system time. I see others have had this problem. How do I fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Homeshield not recognizing daylight savings
2022-11-09 23:46:07

@mctien,

I cannot check at the moment, but I know that for our Kasa app this behavior would be caused by the time zone setting that was selected. I would recommend going into your settings and making sure that the time zone that is being used includes Standard Time, or at least is not specific to Daylight Savings Time. I would also be willing to bet that if the time zone is set correctly, rebooting your network would force your network to check the time when it is rebooted.

Options
2022-11-10 06:09:44

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@mctien,

I cannot check at the moment, but I know that for our Kasa app this behavior would be caused by the time zone setting that was selected. I would recommend going into your settings and making sure that the time zone that is being used includes Standard Time, or at least is not specific to Daylight Savings Time. I would also be willing to bet that if the time zone is set correctly, rebooting your network would force your network to check the time when it is rebooted.

The time and time zone in the router is correct when I check through by browser. I don't see anywhere on the app (Android) where you can check or change the time. I will try to reboot.

Options
2022-11-15 06:28:00

An update: the reboot fixed the problem. Hopefully, TP-Link will fix this issue. However, looking on the forums looks like this has been an issue for years yet there has not been a fix yet...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 3

Related Articles