I need a resource cd for my TL-SG105E switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 13:41:16

I need to get a resource cd for my TL-SG105E switch. I've had it several years and lost the original cd. Can I download the resource cd??

Options
4 Reply
Re:I need a resource cd for my TL-SG105E switch
2022-11-09 18:21:42

@edsscreen,

All of the available downloads, including firmware, guides, and utilities can be found on your Product's Support Page Here: SG105E Downloads

Make sure that you select the correct hardware version for your device.

Is there something specific that you are looking for from that disc?

Options
2023-04-04 20:20:30

@edsscreen 

The installation guide for these switches refers to an Easy Smart Configuration Utility for download from the Support menu.  There doesn't appear to be one available.  Using the search magnifying glass produces nothing usable as well.  I've tried to use multiple Win 10 browsers to access the default 192.168.0.1 with no success.  Using the Win Network Connections tool for Ethernet , right click, Status, Details produces an Ipv4 address of 169.254.84.74, for which there is no response.  Doing ipconfig through CMD also indicates this address for the Ethernet port on my laptop.  Have done a Reset with a ball point pen, with no changes.  How do I communicate/configure the TL-SG105E PoE Smart Switch.

Thanks in advance...

Options
2023-04-04 23:24:11

@frwshop,

I have had personal success with looking at the IP address from the Router's list of connected devices rather than from a PC, as I have had troubles with the 8 port variation of your switch before.

Also, make sure that you are checking the correct support pages, as the page linked in my previous reply has the utility downloads for all of the hardware versions for the SG105E.

Options
2023-09-08 23:37:02

@Riley_S 

At the time I bought the TL-SG105E the user manual outlined their Easy utility, which was not available for download on their web site.  I've had mixed results in accessing these units through the default 192.168.0.1 IP address.  It depends on what state and firmware level the unit is in.  I have had good success with one of my units, but not the other - no matter how many times I reset it to factory default mode.  Today, I went back to the tplink.com web site to the Support tab, and selected the TL-SG105E product under Downloads.  Low and behold there was both the User Manual, and the Easy utility available for download.  I did so with both the U/M and the utility, and later the most current version of the firmware as of 02/20/2023.  The utility accesses the previously unresponsive, to direct IP connection instance of my POE boxes, very well.  Allowing me to do any function outlined in the U/M.  My intent is to use the now up and running unit for attaching POE security cameras to my network then make them addressable to the NVR box over the down-link high speed LAN direct cabling afforded by my routers so there is only one NVR capturing as many as 16 camera inputs from the network side rather than its own POE ports.  Best to you, Barry

Options