Archer A8 router as repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 17:10:30 - last edited 2022-11-10 18:07:08
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.8

I purchased this router to make it a wireless repeater. I have switched it to access point and most everything else but I find no way to connect it to my main router. What I have read it says to click on site survey but there is no such thing. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A8 router as repeater-Solution
2022-11-10 03:47:18 - last edited 2022-11-10 18:07:08

@Jay70 

Have you upgraded its firmware to the latest version? The latest firmware has added the WDS feature, which allows you to connect it to the main router wirelessly. I found somewhere else mentioned this, but I cannot find it now in the firmware release notes.

You can upgrade your firmware to the latest version first, then follow the configuration guide to check if you can find WDS bridging, that will allow you to connect it to the main router.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A8 router as repeater-Solution
2022-11-10 03:47:18 - last edited 2022-11-10 18:07:08

@Jay70 

Have you upgraded its firmware to the latest version? The latest firmware has added the WDS feature, which allows you to connect it to the main router wirelessly. I found somewhere else mentioned this, but I cannot find it now in the firmware release notes.

You can upgrade your firmware to the latest version first, then follow the configuration guide to check if you can find WDS bridging, that will allow you to connect it to the main router.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options