Smart Switch has worked flawless for months. Now is powers itself off after a few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Switch has worked flawless for months. Now is powers itself off after a few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-11 13:34:50
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have an HS200 that controls an outdoor light on my home.  It is programmed to turn on 59 minutes before sunset and off at 11:00 pm (through the app).  It has worked flawlessly for the past six months.  Now, it turns on at the correct time, but it shuts itself off within a few hours of turning on.

The light it controls is an outdoor fixture with a fluorescent bulb.  

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?   

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Switch has worked flawless for months. Now is powers itself off after a few hours
2022-11-13 00:12:36

@Tiredolddog 

Crickets.  OK, I'll bite.

* Make sure you have the switch set, if applicable, for the correct bulb type.  Heck, what type is it?  CFL or ballast driving a traditional florescent?  Personally I find both sensitive to cold and would just replace it w/LED to get that out of the way.

*  I can't help but notice you're turning on based on an event but off by specific time.  

- I would ensure the thing knew my location correctly and had the correct time zone setting, including DST, for me.

- I would reset the switch so it had to pull time over again and start over. 

* From there I would consider changing settings and seeing what happened.  As an example, perhaps off at 5 hours after sunset, or etc...  If that failed I would consider a full reset and seeing it that fixed it.  Beyond that I'd replace it.

Too bad these don't pull NTP periodically.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 1

Related Articles