Deco M9 and Apple

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 and Apple

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 and Apple
Deco M9 and Apple
2022-11-11 18:19:06
Tags: #apple
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I have a 3 deco M9 plus system. Configured as a router.  I have a consistent issues of Apple devices are not able to back up or update while on the WiFi.  Backups error out with "network connectivity issues".  System updates just say a WiFi connection is needed and is across multiple devices.  If I turn on my guest network, and connect to it, it works fine.  I've tried to disable antivirus with no change.  No parental controls are enabled nor any QOS settings.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 and Apple
2022-11-15 20:34:25

@udntknw,

Depending on the model of iPhone, I know that some have trouble with the fast roaming option that can be found on our routers, causing devices to stick to poor connections, rather than switching to a more powerful network. For clarification, do the backups ALWAYS fail, or only fail sometimes? If sometimes, is there any pattern behind when the backups fail? Such as timing or what node the iPhone is connected to?

Something that may be worth testing, if you can manually trigger the backup, is to disconnect from the Wi-Fi for 30 seconds, and then reconnect and try the backup; can you get it to fail at this point? If not, your phone may be having issues either traveling from node to node, or from frequency to frequency.

There are a few other settings that can be altered to identify a cause of the disconnect, such as beamforming. Try reading through this article and then going through these settings over time to see if you can find one of the settings that will allow the backup to occur. If it is not a connection issue within your network, but rather with connecting to Apple's servers, try changing your DNS settings to a common service such as Google or CloudFlare to see if the backup can be completed.

Let me know if you are still unable to complete a backup and we can look into your settings further.

If this is the only abnormal behavior that you are experiencing, I would recommend potentially trying to set a schedule for the backup to a time at which you know your device will be stationary for a long period of time, such as during the night. Most phones have a sleep mode for their Wi-Fi antenna and if a backup were to wake the phone's connection, it might reconnect to the correct node using the correct frequency.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Tags

apple
Related Articles