TP-Link AC1900: Can't block specific sites, only keywords?????

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 00:43:09 - last edited 2022-11-17 00:44:53

I have been using this router for over a year and haven't had any issues with it beyond the normal. I haven't really needed to use the parental controls so I have never even looked at them. So I was pretty shocked when I went in and realized that I can't block specific websites, only keywords from this router?! I didn't expect much from a budget router and besides this, it's worked perfect for what we need. Can someone let me know if it really doesn't allow that or am I missing the setting some place? If this doesn't allow that, which of the TPL routers do? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1900: Can't block specific sites, only keywords?????
2022-11-17 18:04:21

@MissBee75,

The keywords are tied to the site names also, for example, placing facebook as a blocked keyword should block sites that have that in their domain name. Many sites have been providing ways of getting around filters by making smaller or unnoticed changes to their domains or sites, as a result inputting a keyword rather than a site tends to be more accurate. Also, If I recall correctly the com can be added to block the site, the 'keyword' just cannot contain the www 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 1

Related Articles