Deco XE75 - Computers on network can't see other computers if connected to a different node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 - Computers on network can't see other computers if connected to a different node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-20 00:58:12 - last edited 2022-11-20 20:01:22
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220804 Rel.44443

So I recently bought a Deco X75 mesh system. It's great! Great coverage and great speeds. However, I have been having difficulty file/screen/remote administrating the other machines on my network if they're connected to different units (ex: One on Office, and two on Living room). Is this typical behavior, and if so, is there a solution? 

I really like this system, but if there isn't a way around this, it's not really so much a "network".

Running MacOS Monterey 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X75 - Computers on network can't see other computers if connected to a different unit
2022-11-20 23:32:06 - last edited 2022-11-20 23:32:33

Well I found a clunky workaround. I ended up having to get a second router and then use my Deco units in Access Point mode. It sucks that I needed to get another piece of hardware to get things to work properly, but hopefully this also mitigates losing network access in times when the internet goes out and the auto sensing of the Decos just shuts the entire network down.

I really like the hardware performance, but there are so many things that dampen the experience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1