Cannot access device on my network through VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 05:03:17
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211118 rel.71177(5553)

Hi,

My office building recently had a fire breakout and got me worried with the safety of my NAS and the data in it. I have been trying to setup a VPN sever using my Archer AX6000 at home and placing an old NAS drive there as a backup. As we work with the NAS drive at work daily I wanted to setup the drives to automatically backup to the NAS drive at home. I don't want to expose my drives directly to external networks for security so I want to setup a VPN either between my work router or NAS to my AX6000 at home. I have tried to setup my AX6000 as a OpenVPN server but for the life of me I couldn't get my Asus router at work to connect to that (Asus RT-AX92U) so I tried setting it up as a L2TP/IPSec server and I can connect to that successfully and access my home router from work but I cannot seem to access any of the other devices (including the NAS that I need). 

Does anyone have any ideas to help slove this? Obviously no network expert here so any help is highly appreciated. Thx!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access device on my network through VPN
2023-02-02 04:36:59

@SC1207 Perhaps try installing the open VPN client on the remote terminal / PC rather then the remote router.

I have not tried setting up the AX6000 for a site to site VPN yet. I have successfully set it up as a VPN server and connected to multiple shared folders and devices connected to my home network via OpenVPN client installed on a PC and also mobile devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles